Saturday, January 22, 2011

My son never ceases to amaze me...

Today I read a letter to my son that I had written when he was born.
I had forgotten all about it until my mother reminded me that she had it.
So today I read it to him, we both almost started crying. It was my raw emotion after his birth.
My son had serious health issues when he was born and I basically wrote a day by day diary of his first couple of weeks.
He just sat there as I read it to him, because he couldn't read my handwriting, and I think he was pretty amazed as to what all had happened. The emotions that his father and I had those days were right there. He doesn't have a relationship with his father, but I think it makes him feel better knowing that his father actually cared, once.
After I got finished reading it to him, he kept hugging me all day and telling me how wonderful of a mother I was.... just melted my heart! How did I get so lucky??
I am absolutely amazed at the man he is turning out to be... he is so smart about things that i have no clue about. He wants to be a physicist, couldn't even spell it, thank god for spell check! I just get caught up in the things he tells me about science and the things he wants to do... Watch out world, he will be winning a Nobel Peace prize for science!!!
I am so honored and humbled to be able to call him my son!!

No comments: