Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the past...

why do people insist on talking about the past?
why is it so hard to move forward?
Are they telling you to justify themselves? Is it that by telling the story over and over again they begin to feel better about themselves? And when is it enough? When is it ok to say, "enough already"!
Romantic relationships seem to be full of justification! More than once I've heard, "I love you, but I'm not in love with you". What do you do with that?
I have noticed with prior relationships that when the guy can't find what he is looking for, he comes back... why???? Those that don't come back, want to be "friends forever", why? The justification is always that the relationship was great while it was going on, and that we got along soooo well but let's just be friends now!!
I don't think any women truly wants to be friends with a guy that they were emotionally involved with, I don't think they want to hear about all the girlfriends, conquests, and listen to the inevitable question, "what do think I should do?".
I pride myself on being friends with almost all the guys I've dated, but I think I need to say that the idle chat, the shoulder to cry on, the voice that soothes your uneasiness must move on. Sorry.

No comments: