Friday, July 31, 2009

The dreams have started...

I know I am not the only teacher that has "nightmares" before the start of the school year. Why after teaching so many years do I still get anxious? Are these unresolved issues from the previous year? Are they left over frustrations from the previous years kiddo's? Or is it that I am working out issues with the adults that I teach with, maybe the dreams have nothing at all to do with the kiddo's. Maybe it's the anxiety of having to deal with the same dumb ass people again!
You know education really does not have to be this difficult. Why does everyone feel they have the answer to our educational "problem"? There really is no problem, if politicians and school boards just allow the teachers to do their damn jobs!
If a student doesn't want to go to school, great... go out and get a damn job. Don't allow them to get on welfare until they have at least contributed to taxes that pay for welfare or they actually get their education.
Students don't want to behave... kick them out!!! If they would rather disturb and distract other students who do value their education, then get the flip out and GO TO WORK!!!! Sooner or later these same students are going to be sitting in a GED class wishing they had taken advantage of their education when they had a chance! I really find it hard to feel sorry for these kids, when there are kids in third world countries selling themselves for money, just to be able to pay for their education!
I think we should implement the "three strikes your out" rule for students... you screw up three times and your outta here!!!
OOOOOOOkkkaayyyyy... off my soap box for now, to be continued I'm sure... when school is in full swing!

No comments: