Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost Christmas...

I love Christmas time, I just wish it would snow!!
Why is it things never happen when you're on vacation, they always seem to happen when you actually have to go to work??
I didn't buy a Christmas tree this year... and it feels kinda weird?!
We always go over to my mother's house for Christmas and put presents under her tree, so I didn't see the need to keep buying a tree that doesn't get used.
Am I dreaming or do you remember a time when the department stores and shops closed before the 25th and didn't open until the 27th??
I wonder how much stock people really put into Christmas, when the whole time they are off from work, they are out spending money at the stores??? Don't people ever just hang out with family???
I know I must be fairly odd, but I actually love hanging out with my friends and family! I love hangin out with my son, getting into philosophical arguments with my mom and sister... playin with the cutest nephew ever born!
Plus, I like to partake in a little holiday cheer called Alcohol!
Does anyone really remember what Christmas is all about????? Are people so busy that the only thing they think about are the "presents"?
I guess us Europeans just view things a little differently, seeing how we are just slightly older than the Americans! Maybe one day they'll learn to slow down and enjoy the simplest things life has to offer!
Love, Life, and Laughter is all that you need!

No comments: