Thursday, December 25, 2008

commercials...

I just have to sit back and laugh every time I watch commercials! Especially around Christmas! Now I know that I can not be the only person on the planet that thinks this is absolutely ridiculous but, as I am watching TV a couple of days ago commercials start coming on for AFTER Christmas sales!!! Christmas isn't even here yet and already they are advertising for sales after! Do these companies think that we don't know that there is a DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS??? Do they think that we will forget???
It's bad enough that stores start to put out Christmas decorations before Halloween, but come on!!! Can't we just enjoy the season?? Isn't our economic system so much better than everyone else's!!!! Capitalism at its finest!
I don't know about you, but it gives me a sense of "hurry up, hurry up!!! before everything is gone!" And the next thing you know, you are sucked into the stores and the family stays at home and then your vacation is over!
Bottom line, can't advertisers at least wait until it IS the day after Christmas to start advertising??? Can't we just enjoy the holiday??? And whatever happened to all the holiday shows and entertainment? It seems to just be the same 'ol song and dance as before the holidays... I have decided I am going to unplug during the holidays, throw on some jams and just enjoy the season!

No comments: