Saturday, December 13, 2008

catching up...

I find myself trying to catch up on the last couple of weeks events...
and the only thing exciting to say is...
nothing.
In the real world, we had four fires and a few fights at school! Why is it hard to get students expelled from school when they are a clear danger to themselves and the rest of the student body?? I laugh because my son was suspended from school for having his hair too long. Yet, at the school where I teach I can't get rid of a student that threatens me! Students are free to bully, fight, set fires, and be a complete and total disruption to the learning environment of the entire class! Document, document, document... is all we ever hear in school! When will enough be enough???
I know you must be thinking, "well it must be your classroom management that's wrong", I can assure you that I am a pretty tough teacher and don't put up with anyone shit...
I wish I had the liberty sometimes to tell these kids exactly what I think... but when you have kids in your classroom that really don't give a shit about getting a free education, it makes you want to show them a bit of reality!!
One thing I really don't get is Christmas parties....
I have two jobs, and not one of them is having a Christmas party! I volunteer for a non-profit organization and we had a Christmas party... explain that one to me!
I am so glad to be appreciated by the people that I spend most of my time with!!!
Oh well, I had a great time at the non-profit anyway...

No comments: