Sunday, November 23, 2008

Honesty

Why is honesty so hard? I find it easier to lie than to tell the truth sometimes...why???
Have we as a society made it so acceptable to lie that it is now expected??? And why do people get upset when you give them your honest opinion about something? I have lost friendships over honesty. When people ask me a question or want my opinion I give it to them honestly, maybe sometimes a little too honest. But then why ask someone for their opinion or thought if you don't want the god's honest truth? My sister tells me all the time to be more tactful when telling people the truth... but why?? Why not just come out with it and be done with it??
The human psyche is really weird... we long for honesty, but don't want to hear it. We get upset when we find out a friend or family member wasn't honest about something and don't speak to them for a while. I know of a friend that held a grudge against a family member for three years because of honesty!!!! Where's the logic in that...
I always tell people when they ask for my opinion, "are you sure you want it?" because I will tell them the truth!
I think of it this way... if you ask me, I will tell you. What do I have to lose?? Nothing, I'm not sleeping with you, you aren't paying my bills... so what the flip does it matter if you get mad at me or not for telling you exactly what I think!
Why do people worry so much about hurting someone's feelings?? I see this all the time in public education... it's a disservice to a student to keep telling them they can go to college, when you know damn well that they won't even make it past the SAT or ACT!!! We don't tell them the truth... find a job that you like and get good at it!
I have always been fascinated by watching people. I think it is interesting how we gather together, greet each other with hugs and kisses, and then start tearing each other apart.
Girls are the worst!! If a guy takes a girl out on a date and they go to a movie... she will tell him the movie was great, best thing she's ever seen and then go home and call her BFF and tell her how horrible it was! I know not all girls are like this, but most of them are! Why? Why do we tell our best friend that something looks good on them, when in reality it doesn't!
I know it is not only women that do this... and guys, if you were just a little more honest yourselves, you wouldn't have to jump the fence to mow the lawn, if you know what I mean!
I guess this would explain why people like to play Truth or Dare... because we would rather take the dare than to tell the truth!

No comments: