Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Skunks

Always be careful what you wish for... it will come true, maybe not today or tomorrow but one day, it will.
I have always wanted a skunk for a pet. I think they are just the cutest things... take away the smell of course. I can remember watching the Disney cartoons of Pepe LaPue (if that's how you spell it) and wanting a skunk of my own.
Well, the last month or so, I have had a skunk hanging around my house. Some people tell me they think it is even living under my house! I have a pier and beam structure, so there is plenty of room underneath to make a nice habitat for a skunk. I have a few spaces in between the outside cement skirting for a small animal to get through.
Apparently, something is really upsetting this skunk because it's odor has been permeating my house at night!!! The smell is God awful, to the point your eyes start to water!
So now I am forced to set out a trap to hopefully catch the thing and get rid of it! Yeah, how's that going to happen without getting sprayed and by the way... what the do skunks eat??? I put out cat food, I guess I'll see if I get anything.
So again be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Although a de-scented skunk would still be cool.

No comments: